A day-long samurai themed event is held at the end of November in the environs of Takatori Castle, considered one of Japan’s three great mountain fortresses. The highlight includes about 200 armor clad warriors marching and reenacting battles with matchlock muskets. There is also a historical parade and a variety of stalls. This is a must-see for samurai fans.
Last update: 2016-12-01
- Venue Details & Access Info
From Kintetsu Tsubosaka Station:
- 17 minutes on foot from the station.
- たかとり城祭り Takatori Castle Festival
- address 高市郡高取町 Takatori, Takaichi
- Opening Time & Admissions
23 Nov - 23 Nov
- Contact Details